Ortygia is the charming historical and religious centre of the Unesco site of Syracuse (Sicily)
Ortigia is a small island joined to the mainland by a couple of bridges. During my Ortygia’s Highlights Private Tour, I’ll show you all the most important cultural sights on the island of Ortygia: the Temple of Apollo (a greek temple of the VI century BC), the Duomo Square with its baroque palaces, the Cathedral/Temple of Athena and the charming Arethusa’s Spring.
On request, is possible to arrange exclusive tastings of typical Sicilian food, like Modica’s chocolate, cheeses and charcuterie, at the Local Market or shops in Ortygia.
Is possible to arrange also a light lunch, together or separated, at the Local Market (“Fratelli Burgio“), with Sicilian salads, cheeses and cold cuts mixed with caponata, olives, sun dried tomatoes and other traditional food. If you are interested in this, you can look here: Ortygia’s Food and Culture.
Ortygia’s Highlights Private Tour
Included in the Walking Tour
- Phd. Archaeologist English-speaking Qualified Tourist Guide (Enrica De Melio)
- Duration: takes about 90 minutes
- Recommended start time in July, August and September: 9:00am, 9:30, 10:00am, 6:00pm, 6:30pm, 7:00pm (Ortygia By Night).
- Meeting point: Temple of Apollo (address: Largo XXV Luglio 96100 Ortigia, Siracusa). Is possible to arrange an other meeting point.
Included in the Bike Tour
- English-speaking Qualified Tourist Guide and National Cycle-tourism MTB Instructor (Enrica De Melio)
- Bike rental (on request)
- Helmet (on request)
- Natural mineral water (500 ml)
- Minimum participants: 2
- Maximum participants: 10
- Duration: takes about 2 hours
In the same day is possible to do the Guided Walking Tour of the Neapolis Archaeological Park of Syracuse with a break of two hours for lunch/relax, between the two tours (Neapolis Archaeological Park and Ortygia).