Ortygia is the historical and religious centre of the Unesco site of Syracuse. Is a small island joined to the mainland by a couple of bridges. During my Ortygia’s Highlights Private Tour, I’ll show you all the most important cultural sights on the island of Ortygia: the Temple of Apollo (a greek temple of the VI century BC), the Duomo Square with its baroque palaces, the Cathedral/Temple of Athena, and the Church of Saint Lucy and the charming Arethusa’s Spring.
On request, is possible to arrange exclusive tastings of typical Sicilian food, like Modica’s chocolate, cheeses and charcuterie, at the Local Market or shops in Ortygia.
Is possible to arrange also a light lunch, together or separated, at the Local Market, with Sicilian salads, cheeses and cold cuts mixed with caponata, olives, sun dried tomatoes and other traditional food. If you are interested in this, you can look here: Ortygia’s Food&Cultural Tour.
- The tour is private
- The anti-contagion Covid-19 rules will be respected (mask and gloves are required)
- Duration of Ortygia’s Highlights Private Tour: 90 minutes
- Price: € 130 (per tour, not per person)
- Recommended start time in July, August and September: 9:00am, 9:30, 10:00am, 6:00pm, 6:30pm, 7:00pm (Ortygia By Night).
- Meeting point: Temple of Apollo (address: Largo XXV Luglio 96100 Ortigia, Siracusa). Is possible to arrange an other meeting point.
* * * * *
– In the same morning/afternoon is possible to do the Guided Walking Tour of the Neapolis Archaeological Park of Syracuse
– Is also possibile to arrange a Full Day Visit with a break of one hour for lunch, between the two tours (Neapolis Archaeological Park and Ortygia).