Ortygia is the historical and religious centre of Syracuse. Is a small island joined to the mainland by a couple of bridges.
During our guided walking tour of Ortygia, I’ll show you all the most important sights on the island of Ortygia: the Temple of Apollo (VI century BC), the Duomo Square with its baroque palaces and the Cathedral/Temple of Athena, the Church of Saint Lucy with the painting of Caravaggio (The Burial of Saint Lucy. Closed on Monday. Open from Tuesday to Sunday, from 11:00am to 4:00pm) and the Arethusa’s Spring.
On request, is possible to arrange tastings of typical Sicilian food, like Modica’s chocolate, cheeses and charcuterie, at the Local Market or shops in Ortygia.
Is also possible to arrange a light lunch together at the Market, with Sicilian salads, cheeses and cold cuts mixed with caponata, olives, sun dried tomatoes and other traditional food.
* * * * *
– Duration: about 90 minutes
– Price: € 130 (per tour, not per person)
– Start time in July, August and September: 9:00am, 9:30, 10:00am, 6:00pm, 6:30pm, 7:00pm (Ortygia By Night).
– Meeting point: Temple of Apollo (address: Largo XXV Luglio 96100 Ortigia, Siracusa)
* * * * *
– In the same morning/afternoon is possible to do the Guided Walking Tour of the Neapolis Archaeological Park of Syracuse
– Is also possibile to arrange a Full Day Visit with a break for lunch between the two tours (Neapolis Archaeological Park and Ortygia).