If you came in Sicily in the summer, I can offer you the exclusive Full Day Tour “Charming Noto & Marzamemi”.
Located about 30km south of Syracuse, Noto has one of Sicily’s most beautiful historic centre in the Late Baroque Style, built after the terrible earthquake of 1693, that destroyed a lot of cities of the southeastern part of Sicily. In Noto, that was called the “Garden of Stone” by the historian Cesare Brandi, you can enjoy its spectacular baroque monuments and historical buildings.
During the private guided walking tour of Noto, I’ll show you the Real Gate, the Church of Saint Francis, the Church of Saint Claire, the Church of SS. Salvatore, the Cathedral, Ducezio Palace, Nicolaci Palace, The Church of Saint Charles, the Church of Saint Domenico and the Theater.
The second part of my Full Day Tour “Charming Noto & Marzamemi” is in Marzamemi. Far about 30 minutes driving from Noto, Marzamemi is one of Sicily’s prettiest seaside villages.
The old centre is situated on a little promontory and organized around the extremely picturesque Piazza Regina Margherita. On the south side is the little fishing harbor with its bobbing fleet of colourful wooden boats, on the others a series of charming buildings, including the Church of San Francesco di Paola, the Tonnara, the Prince Villadorata’s aristocratic palazzo and a row of fishermen’s houses, whose sky blue doors and potted red geraniums lend a chromatic vivacity to the whole picture. Narrow streets lead off the main square, offering glimpses of the turquoise sea to the east and north.
- The tour is private
- Duration of the Full Day Tour: 5 hours
- Price: € 200 (per tour, not per person)
- Meeting point: Real Port (address: Corso Vittorio Emanuele, 96017 Noto SR)
- Recommend start time in Noto: 10:30am
- The anti-contagion Covid-19 rules will be respected during my Private Cultural Tours (mask and gloves are required)
- If you have not a car, I can arrange transfers in private air-conditioned taxi/van from Syracuse/Ortygia/Noto to Noto/Marzamemi and return
- Lunch time in Marzamemi: 1:00-2:30pm about